Wednesday, August 14, 2013

IM Mont Tremblant

Well, I'm sitting here in Mont Tremblant, Quebec Canada and finally feel like getting a blog out!  I don't really know what to say or think about this Ironman that's looming....somehow almost a year between this distance race is just too long for me!

Here's what I CAN say:

- I have come a LONG way since training camp in February.  I built my run up slowly and carefully and am finally getting back to decent form here.  Just sticking to the consistent work day in and day out, and not forcing the racing before I'm ready, has allowed me to have a nice fitness progression.

- I have a fire in my belly to race and my body is capable.  I felt it for the first time this year in Racine.  The legs were working and I was able to actually race.  I still have a lot of improvement to do on the bike, but it's coming around.

- I have a great support system in Madison and LOVE my busy life.  I am finally in a place where I am enjoying all parts of life and am truly grateful for everything and everyone that is a part of it.

It's been a relaxing afternoon working on my computer here in a little bed and breakfast outside of town.  I may not have done much 'race prep' today, but there is something to be said about getting the travel done and having a couple days to settle into where you are racing.  I took today completely off of exercise and it feels awesome :)

Hope you are having a great week!!  I gotta run, the guy at the front desk, who is also the owner, and the chef, just made me some sausages for dinner.  I will have some pictures to post as the week goes....stay tuned.

Santé!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Jackie! Looking forward to your race report :)

    ReplyDelete