Thursday, March 28, 2013

I have a plan!

Well, we're well into 2013 and with the help of Cliff English I have finally come up with a plan for the year.

As many of you know last year was a tough year for me (injury and death in my family), so I was really happy with the races I was able to do and even surprised myself a couple times with some decent races.    My schedule and plan for this year, though, was a bit postponed after Ironman Cozumel with a fluke rib injury in December, which took me out of swimming and any real solid work for ~6 weeks.  I went to training camp with Cliff in February probably the least fit I have been in years.  It was a mental and physical struggle almost the entire month to complete the workouts and not get discouraged training with some great athletes, most of whom were in great race-ready shape.

I made it through the month and since being back in WI have gotten back into the routine of mostly indoor training.  I can finally see all 3 sports are improving and there is a glimmer of hope for my season after all :)  I originally had the thought to chase points for Kona, but with this as a 'rebound' year, it really doesn't make much sense.  INSTEAD, I'm going to race what I want to, work on getting into the best shape I can and continue improving with the goal to be race a strong Kona 2014.

Here is the plan and I hope that I will see some of you out there!!

April and May:
Local running and bike races
Putting on a couple triathlon camps in Madison, WI (May 10-13 for adults, Kids tri camp May 18-19)

June:
6/9 Ironman 70.3 Kansas

6/23 Ironman 70.3 Mont Tremblant
 July:
7/21 Ironman 70.3 Racine

August:
8/4 Ironman 70.3 Steelhead

8/18 Ironman North America Championship – Mont Tremblant


September: 

Ironman Wisconsin  or Lake Tahoe  


No comments:

Post a Comment